Tangy mushrooms can be made ahead and are a great addition to a platter of olives, cheese and salami — all of which can be prepped in minutes.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes plus refrigeration
Yield: Serves 4 to 8
- 1 lb. cremini or button mushrooms, rinsed and stemmed
- 2 cups water, enough to cover mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt + extra
- 1 tbs. Italian seasoning
- 1 shallot, chopped fine
- 2 tbs. white or red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Lemon wedge
- Combine mushrooms, salt and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil and simmer for 5 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Place mushrooms in a mixing bowl. Allow mushrooms to cool for about 5 minutes. Toss with Italian seasoning, shallot, vinegar, olive oil, salt and black pepper. Place in fridge overnight.
- Dress with lemon when ready to serve.