Pear brandy sidecar
Most pear varieties are in season in fall and winter, so it's the perfect time of year for this flavorful drink (though you don't need any of the actual fruit for this recipe).
Prep time: 5 minutes
• 1 shot (1.5 fluid ounces) pear brandy
• 1/2 fluid ounce lemon juice
• 1/2 fluid ounce simple syrup
• 1 fluid ounce pear nectar
1. Pour the brandy, lemon juice, pear nectar and syrup into a cocktail shaker with ice. Cover, and shake until the outside of the shaker has frosted.
2. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Serves one.