Pumpkin pie smoothie
This one isn't served hot, but the flavor will still make you appreciate the season. Canned pumpkin is no longer scarce like it was in 2009, so stock up on a few cans for this all-ages treat.
Prep time: 10 minutes
• 1 15-ounce can pumpkin (chilled)
• 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk (chilled)
• 8 ounces vanilla yogurt
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• Whipped cream, to taste (optional)
1. Combine pumpkin, milk, yogurt, sugar and spice in a blender; cover.
2. Blend until mixture is smooth.
3. Pour into glasses; top with whipped cream (if desired) and an additional sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. Serves four.