You can also get creative with ingredients, which is why I will break this recipe down to the basic “glue,” and you can add whatever you want.
1 1/2 cups whole milk
2 tablespoons flour
2 cups cheese of your choice (I prefer Colby, cheddar or Monterey jack)
Broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, bacon, ham, onions, artichoke, or other ingredients you choose
If you use frozen vegetables, I recommend cooking them and letting them drain a bit before you add them. Otherwise, they will make your quiche watery. If you are adding bacon or other meats, make sure they are cooked first, too.
- Prepare the piecrust and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, milk, flour and cheese.
- Add the vegetables and meats and mix it all up.
- Put the stuff from the bowl into the piecrust and put that on a baking sheet, so if it boils over it won’t mess up your oven.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the top is golden and the inside feel firm.
- Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes so the cheese cools enough to hold the whole thing together. Otherwise, it will be runny when served.