Colorful and full of bright flavor, this salad is a great customizable addition to any lunch or dinner throughout summer and into fall. You can add or change the salad ingredients as much as you want. The real star is the lemon-dill vinaigrette. There's something about the flavor that just says, "It's summer!" This recipe is adapted from "Fresh Food Fast" by Peter Berley.Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 salads
Arugula and Chickpea Salad with Lemon Dill Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp minced fresh dill
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow bell pepper, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- Shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, dill, garlic, and salt and pepper until emulsified.
- In another large bowl, combine the arugula, beans, and yellow peppers. Pour in the dressing and toss to combine.
- Garnish the salad with shaved Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
Related recipes on MNN: