Winter squash is such an amazing treat. What you can do with it is almost limitless, such as raviolis, baked goods or desserts. But sometimes it's good to just keep it simple, yes? This recipe is just that, a simple side that is perfect for almost any meal.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Caramelized Butternut Squash
- 2 butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut off and discard the ends of the squash. Peel them, cut them in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds (save them for roasting). Cut the squash into 1-inch cubes and place them on a baking sheet.
- Add the melted butter, brown sugar, salt.
- Toss all the ingredients together and spread in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 40 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees, until the squash is tender and the glaze begins to caramelize. While roasting, turn the squash a few times with a spatula, to be sure it browns evenly.