If you love chocolate pudding, you're in for a treat with this delicious but healthier version. Thick, creamy and boasting a rich chocolate flavor -- complete with the added nutrients and healthy fat from avocado -- this is a perfect dessert for any time of day. And it only takes a few minutes to make!
Some like thick stand-up pudding, while some like creamy pudding. The beauty of this recipe is that you can make it the exact consistency you want by adjusting how much non-dairy milk you add. Then top it with something delicious such as chopped pistachios, chopped walnuts, sliced fresh strawberries, sea salt, fresh raspberries, mint leaves, or frozen banana slices.
Prep time: 20 min
Total time: 20 min
Yield: About 1.5-2 cups
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 2 medium size ripe avocados
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup agave or maple syrup (or honey for a non-vegan version)
- 3 dates soaked in warm water for 15 minutes and chopped
- 1/2 cup fair trade cocoa powder
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 1 cup unsweetened original almond milk or similar non-dairy milk
- Add ingredients to a blender or food processor in this order: oil, dates, honey, vanilla, half your non-dairy milk, avocados, cocoa powder.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Pour in additional non-dairy milk a little at a time until the pudding is the consistency you want. Remember it will thicken after chilling in the refrigerator.
- Spoon the pudding into ramekins or bowls, cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Related links on MNN: