Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced scallions
- 1 cup hot vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano cheese, or as needed
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and stir into water. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered to allow to finish steaming.
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, add oil, corn, peas, scallions, and vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the kernels are soft and the broth is reduced by about half.
- Remove from heat, add the cooked quinoa and cheese, and stir to combine, letting the cheese melt and thicken the salad. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve this salad hot or cold, depending on your preference. It's perfect for dinner or lunch all week long.
Related recipes on MNN: