Veggie dip is best with fresh ingredients. While the recipe calls for thyme and dill, honestly, just use whatever fresh herbs you have on hand. Dip like this is the perfect way to use up any herbs on their last legs.
The key to keeping yogurt-based dip thick and creamy is to not overwork the yogurt. Excessive whisking only causes yogurt to thin out. For that reason we are going to start with the mayo part, mix everything in and then work in the yogurt.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 cup
Creamy Garlic Dip
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- In a large mixing bowl, add the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, thyme, dill, sugar, dijon mustard and sea salt. Mix well, adding more salt and some fresh cracked black pepper as needed.
- Now let’s mix in the Greek yogurt, being careful to not over mix.
- Add in the buttermilk, using more depending on the consistency you desire.
Related recipes on MNN: