Easy Vegetable Lasagna
Making a hearty lasagna doesn't have to be a long process. This simple recipe takes only a few minutes to put together, and the oven does the rest of the work.
About This Dish
This lasagna recipe requires minimal ingredients (for a lasagna) and minimal time and effort in putting it together, yet maximum flavor and comforting cheesy perfection. Take advantage of the already excellent flavors of your favorite store-bought or homemade marinara sauce for the vegetable filling. Remember, when using just a handful of ingredients, it's wise to use only the best, so take care to get high-quality cheese and farm-fresh vegetables. This recipe is perfect for making a hearty meal on a busy weeknight, and you can enjoy the leftovers for days.
- Lasagna pan
- Cutting board and knife
- Mixing bowl
- Large saute pan
- 1 box no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1.25 cup Ricotta cheese
- .5 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and add the onions and garlic. Saute for 4-5 minutes or until the onions become translucent.
- Add the vegetables and stir to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes more until the vegetables just begin to soften.
- Add the marinara sauce and stir to combine. Let the mixture come to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan and eggs. Stir until creamy and completely mixed together.
- Place a little of the vegetable mixture on the bottom of a lasagna pan. Place a layer of no-boil noodles. Dollop about 1/3 of the cheese mixture on the noodles and spread it evenly. Sprinkle about 1/3 of the mozzarella over the cheese mixture. Spoon another layer of the vegetable mixture over the cheeses, add a layer of noodles, a layer of cheese spread, and a layer of mozzarella.
- Repeat this once more and you've reached the top of the pan, ending with a sprinkle of mozzarella.
- Cover the lasagna loosely with foil. Place the lasagna pan on the center rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake another 10-15 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown.
- Remove the lasagna and allow to cool in the pan for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!