This recipe is adapted from Tea Cup Tea.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4-6 servings
- 10 ripe figs, halved
- 1 1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup agave syrup (or honey, for a non-vegan version)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Soak your cashews in filtered water for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
- Drain cashews and place them in a blender or food processor. Add salt, agave syrup, olive oil and vanilla. Blend until entirely smooth, 1-2 minutes on high. If too thick, add a tablespoon of water at a time until the creamy consistency you prefer.
- Place a couple dollops of the cashew cream in a bowl, top with sliced figs. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, toast the shredded coconut. Sprinkle over the figs. (For a dessert version, sprinkle chocolate chips over the top as well.) Enjoy!