Gameday Jalapeño Inferno Wings
- 4 pounds wings, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons sweet Spanish paprika
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1/4 cup Louisiana hot sauce
- 1/4 cup Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup jalapeño hot sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons liquid from the jar of jalapeños
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons red chili flakes
- 3 jalapeño peppers, cut into slices
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 55 min
Total time: 1 hr 35 min
Mix the dry spices and coat the wings with the blend. Let them rest for 30 minutes. Proper marinade time is crucial to developing flavors.
In a separate bowl, combine the liquids, cayenne, and chili flakes. Set the mixture aside.
To bake, preheat an oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil, brush it with olive oil, and spread the wings out on it. Bake the wings for 20 minutes, turn them, and bake for 20 more minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. To grill, heat a grill on medium low. Cook the wings, covered, on indirect heat for 10 to 15 minutes on each side, or until they bounce after you drop them from 6 inches above the grill.
Place the cooked wings and sauce in a high-walled pan and stir thoroughly. Cover the pan with foil; put it back into the oven (or on the grill) for 15 minutes, stirring often.
Remove from the heat, chuck the foil, and mix in the jalapeño slices.
Yields 6 servings.