Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
Total time: 40 min
Yield: 12 cupcakes
For the cupcakes, followed by frosting ingredients that start with cream cheese
- 1 cup unsalted, unsweetened peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted, unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin, or two 6-cup muffin tins, or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, eggs, bananas, and cottage cheese. Stir until well-combined. Add in the coconut flour and baking soda and stir until combined.
- Fill each muffin cup to about 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown on top. While these are baking, begin making the frosting.
- In a small bowl combine the cream cheese, peanut butter and oil, and use a fork or a hand-mixer to cream together until smooth.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to harden up again while the cupcakes finish baking.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Ice the cooled cupcakes with the frosting mixture (or as I did, with liver paste) and serve!
This next recipe is for dogs that like apples or just sweeter treats. It's amazingly simple, and quick to put together. This recipe is inspired by Spoonful of Sugar Free.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 25 min
Total time: 30 min
Yield: 1 mini cake
- 1 egg
- 1/2 organic apple, finely diced (leave skin on)
- 3 tbsp unsalted, unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until smooth.
- Grease a ramekin or a jumbo muffin tin. I used an extra-deep 6-inch tart mold with a pop out bottom. Fill the dish with the batter.
- Place on the center rack of the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack, then remove from the baking dish. You can leave it plain, or use the frosting recipe listed above to give it an extra delicious twist.
Related posts on MNN: