When selecting fruit for this recipe, make sure that both the avocados and mangoes are just barely ripe. You want to select fruit that is only just starting to soften. If the fruit is too ripe, it will be too soft to hold its shape and your salsa will be on the mushy side. So select fruit that is just ripe enough to be flavorful.
Adapted from My Recipes.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 medium bowl of salsa
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium-large mango, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and very gently toss.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving to allow flavors to combine.
Related recipes on MNN: