I do love mango and they are in season but here's the thing: I happened upon a huge box of them for $12 and I've been eating mangos ever since. So I needed to dream up a lot of recipes to use them — and I'm sharing, of course!
Total time: 6 hours (for the mozzarella)
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 mangos
- 1/2 pound Fresh Mozzarella Marinated in Basil & Lime
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Okay, if you haven't made my marinated mozzarella cheese recipe, get at it! It is super tasty. You don't need use that for this recipe; you can use plain cheese. But why?
- Now you need to slice those mangos. You can watch my video on How to Cut a Mango for this. Instead of cutting it into chunks, I just did strips. Easy breezy!
- Grill the mangos such that they have these lovely grill marks on each side. Man, they are so good this way!
- Now serve it up, layering the basil, grilled mangos and mozzarella cheese. Drizzle olive oil over it and chill it in the fridge for about 20 minutes before serving.
Get more recipes on MNN: