Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 12 red and green jalapenos
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 2 ounces semi-hard sharp goat's or sheep's milk cheese, finely shredded
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Halve the jalapenos and scoop out all of the seeds and membrane.
- Lay the chilies out on the baking sheet.
- Mix the cream cheese, goat cheeses, egg, shallots and spices together using a small food processor.
- Scoop the cheese mixture into a pastry bag and fill the jalapenos with cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese becomes puffy and golden.
- Serve while hot.
This story was originally written for Treehugger. Copyright 2011.