Spicy Mango Avocado Salad
Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 04:02 PM
It might not seem like it but, by all intents and purposes, this is a fruit salad, mostly. I think most people forget that avocados (like tomatoes) are a fruit. I just think it’s because of what we are used to having them in – guacamole, tacos, etc.
This salad is hearty and just slightly spicy from the Cilantro Lime Dressing. It’s also very fresh tasting and perfect for your next picnic. Something I look forward to now that the weather is so nice.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Mango Avocado Salad
- 2 mangos, cubed
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1/4 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1/8 cup Cilantro Lime Dressing
- First thing you want to do is cube your mangos. You should watch my video on How to cut a mango for that. If you are looking for other mango recipe ideas, try this Spicy Mango Popsicle!
- Now you basically want to do the same thing to the avocado. Something to consider with the avocados for this recipe: you want them to be just ripe. If they are overly ripe, they will get all mushy when you are tossing the salad.
- Now add the 2 mangos cubed, 2 avocados cubed, 1/4 cup chopped red cabbage and half of the dressing. Toss it lightly, adding more dressing if desired.
This recipe was originally published on CookingStoned.TV and is republished with permission here.
Find more great cooking ideas on MNN:
You Might Also Like