Avocado and Baked Egg recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 Hass avocados
- 4 eggs
- Dash sea salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tomato, diced (for garnish)
- Slice and pit the avocados, scooping out some of the flesh for each one.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the avocados in a baking dish. You want them to fit tightly so that they do not tip over.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half.
- Add some salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until eggs are as desired.
Think you know Hass avacados? Here are some little-known facts:
1. All Hass avocado trees descend from a single "mother tree" raised by a mail carrier named Rudolph Hass of La Habra Heights, Calif.
2. It's a mystery which species the Hass tree actually descends from. Rudolph Hass patented his tree back in 1935 which died of root rot in September 2002.
This recipe is part of the Cooking Stoned video series. It is hosted and produced by Jerry James Stone, a frequent contributor to MNN.