Official Rules: Room with a view contest
Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 05:53 PM
Room with a View Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This promotion is intended for play and participation in the continental United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the State of Georgia and the United States. Please do not enter if you are not located in the continental United States or if you are located in the State of Rhode Island.
1. TO ENTER: Visit iMeet Room with a View landing page between 6:00:00 p.m. on August 16, 2012 and 11:59:59 p.m. on September 13, 2012 and follow the instructions to complete and submit the online entry form. Upon submission of the official entry form, you will be entered into a random drawing for the chance to win a trip to Costa Rica with eco-resort accommodations (“Contest”). Limit one entry per person. Duplicate entries will be discarded.
You may also enter by mailing a postcard to Mother Nature Network Costa Rica Contest, 191 Peachtree St., Suite 4075, Atlanta, GA 30303. Postcards will be accepted beginning on August 16, 2012 and must be postmarked no later than September 13, 2012 (and received no later than 11:59 p.m. on September 20, 2012) with your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number on the postcard. Postcard entries may be handwritten or typed. Postcards should be no larger than 4x6 inches. DO NOT put postcards in envelopes.
All entries become property of Mother Nature Network (“Sponsor”) and will not be returned or acknowledged. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information or for late, lost, destroyed, misdirected or incomplete entries, or for computer system or phone line, high-speed data line errors, software, hardware malfunctions or other errors, failures or delays in transmissions that are human or technical in nature.
By entering you agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules. Void in Rhode Island, outside the continental U.S. and where prohibited.
2. DRAWING/ENTRY AND PRIZE: One (1) winner will receive a trip for two (2) persons to Costa Rica including airfare to San Jose, CR from anywhere in the continental U.S., accommodations at the Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation & Inn for six (6) nights, applicable carbon offsets for mileage resulting from air travel and one (1) year of iMeet video conferencing service.
Prize Value: The approximate retail value of the prize (ARV) is: $3,850.
The random drawing to determine the winner will be conducted by Sponsor at 191 Peachtree St., Suite 4075, Atlanta, GA 30303 on or about September 21, 2012. The winner will be contacted by telephone or email within seven (7) days of the drawing. In the event that Sponsor is unable to reach the winner within seventy-two (72) hours of its initial contact attempt, the winner will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be drawn. All decisions of Sponsor are final in all matters. Prizes, once issued, are nontransferable and cannot be reissued.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received by the entry deadline.
Winners will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility/liability release within seven (7) days of notification of winner status. Failure to complete and return the affidavit will result in forfeiture of the prize by winner.
The prize may not be substituted, transferred or redeemed for cash except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
All applicable taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal residents of the continental U.S. (except Rhode Island), 18 years of age and older. Employees of Sponsor and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising/promotional agencies involved with this promotion (“Contest Parties”), including the immediate families and household members of such employees and agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
4. RELEASE: By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to release and hold Contest Parties, and each of their respective directors, employees and agents, harmless from any liability, loss or damage incurred from participating in this Contest, or the use, misuse or acceptance of prize.
Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, biographical material, photograph or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion of the event or otherwise without further compensation, except where prohibited.
Entrant’s contact information (entry data) will be shared with Contest Parties including Premiere Global Services (PGi), a Mother Nature Network advertiser. If Entrant opts out, their contact information (entry data) will not be transferred. Mother Nature Network will not sell or distribute user’s information.
5. GENERAL: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest and randomly award the prizes from among eligible entries received at the time of any causes beyond the control of Sponsor to corrupt the drawing.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify anyone found to be: 1) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or 2) acting in violation of these Official Rules.
Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage the website where online entries are received or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is in violation of criminal and civil laws. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant or individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Fulton County, Georgia.
Sponsor shall not be liable to winner or any person claiming through winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Rules will not be deemed a waiver of the provision or any other right.
6. WINNER LIST: To obtain the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Costa Rica Contest Winner, Mother Nature Network, 191 Peachtree St., Suite 4075, Atlanta, GA 30303 by October 12, 2012.
8. SPONSOR: Mother Nature Network, 191 Peachtree St., Suite 4075, Atlanta, GA 30303.