Detroit Auto Show: A first look at the new Ford Fusion
- MPG-e: As I mentioned, the new plug-in hybrid will get more than 100 miles per gallon equivalent. That's huge, HUGE for me.
- MyKey: Ford feature (available on many newer models) allows parents to limit speed and audio volume to encourage teens to drive safer and improve fuel efficiency. Also reminds teens to buckle up.
- MyFord Mobile: New app that let's you charge your car or check charging status from your phone or laptop. Automatically charges car at off-peak times if possible, and tells you know how far you can go on your current charge based on your driving history.
- SmartGauge: This cool new tool gives drivers real-time info about energy use so that you can change your driving habits (don't brake as hard or drive with the heat on full blast) to improve fuel efficiency.
- LED-illuminated external charge port: This is minor, but I thought it was cute, too. The plug-in port will be lit with an LED light that gives you the status of your battery's charge.
- Airbags and recycled seats: The new Fusion will come standard with six airbags and seats made from recycled plastic water bottles.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.