Paul McCartney is still planning on touring across the U.S. this summer - he just needs a bit more R&R before getting started.
The 71-year-old legendary musician is acting on his doctor's orders after falling ill from a viral infection in Japan last month.
"I'm sorry but it's going to be a few more weeks before we get rocking in America again. I'm feeling great but taking my docs' advice to take it easy for a few more days," McCartney said in a statement released on Monday
"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" he said. "And what would you do? Well, a good answer is 'Take more holidays,' which is definitely on the cards, but I don't seem to do that. I love what I do so much that I don't really want to stop. I'm just kind of casually keeping an eye on how I feel, and onstage, it feels like it's always felt. So for the time being, the band's hot, I'm really enjoying myself, still singing like I sang, not experiencing — touch wood — any sort of problems to speak of. If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
As for his U.S. "Out Therer" tour, McCartney will now kick it off in Albany, NY on July 5th with 18 other stops to follow. The June 14-26 shows in Lubbock, Dallas, New Orleans, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Nashville and Louisville have been rescheduled to October. For a preview of what to expect, check out the video below.
Related on MNN: