We've profiled all kinds of apocalypse-themed survival kits - from a $24,000 package featuring night-vision goggles and solar panels to a $350 cache that's all knives. AMC's official "Walking Dead" survival kit is by far the most affordable at $129.99 and features everything you might need to survive the first three days of the end of the world.
Here's what the kit includes:
• High end military style messenger bag with brass fittings and custom The Walking Dead Logo
• 1 - Daytrex 2400 Calorie Emergency Food Ration. Stays fresh for up to 5 years
• 12 - Daytrex 4.22 oz packs of Emergency Water. Stays fresh for up to 5 years
• 1 - Premium Lifeline First Aid kit, 85 Pieces
• 1 - Lifegear Glow LED Flashlight. Lasts up to 400 hours
• 2 - Emergency Mylar Space Blankets
• 2 - Emergency Ponchos for Severe Weather
• 1 - Leather Palm Work Gloves for moving debris
• 1 - Waterproof match booklet (where permitted)
• 4 - Procedural Face Masks
Naturally, this type of kit is just what the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had in mind when they published their amusing zombie warning back in 2011.
"So what do you need to do before zombies … or hurricanes or pandemics for example, actually happen?" then-Assistant Surgeon General Ali Khan asked. "First of all, you should have an emergency kit in your house. This includes things like water, food, and other supplies to get you through the first couple of days before you can locate a zombie-free refugee camp (or in the event of a natural disaster, it will buy you some time until you are able to make your way to an evacuation shelter or utility lines are restored)."
According to AMC, the first 10,000 people that order the kit will receive a special "We're Survivors" patch - which, well, will do absolutely nothing for you.
Check out all of the details over at FirstMyFamily here.
Related on MNN:
- 10 tips for surviving a zombie outbreak
- Best places in the U.S. to survive the apocalypse
- Try our official zombie quiz
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.