MNN's student correspondents reveal hidden travel treasures from their states.
Thu, Jun 25 2009 at 11:15 AM
There's a special getaway in your state:
• America's national parks: You can get paid and spend time at your favorite natural getaway.
• Alaska: If you're going, get out into the wild!
• California: Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve is a hidden treasure along the Pacific Coast Highway.
• Connecticut: From family friendly to romantic, we've got summer getaway options.
• Florida: Here's the side of Florida you haven't discovered.
• Illinois: LeRoy Oakes Forest Preserve is a tree hugger's paradise with over 250 acres of forest, wetlands and prairie.
• More Illinois: This university campus isn't just for students to enjoy.
• Kentucky: This state boasts an intricate cave system along with some twangy tunes.
• Maine: Dust off those hiking shoes for a trip up the rocky coast.
• Missouri: Get a glimpse of this state's less obvious treasure ... it's caves.
• Nevada: Check out the Atomic Testing Museum and other desert getaways.
• New York: Lake Luzerne is the perfect getaway for some R&R.
• More New York: The Clearwater Festival is Pete Seeger's annual tribute to great music and protecting the Hudson River.
• Ohio: Strouds Run State Park revolves around water.
• Ohio, take II: Who says there's no where fun to go in the Buckeye State? (A reformed fan speaks up.)
• Oklahoma: Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge offers a diversity of wildlife and a 60,000-acre playground.
• South Carolina: Catch these must-see spots from the Upstate to the Low Country.
• Tennessee: The town of Franklin offers a slice of Main Street with an eclectic flair.
• More Tennessee: Radnor Lake is one of Nashville's hidden treasures.
• Vermont: Now here's a state brimming with plenty of summer swimming options!
• West Virginia: The Dolly Sods Wilderness Area is as rugged as the Canadian West.
• Wyoming: Box Canyon in Medicine Bow National Forest offers a breathtaking view.
Photo of Onondaga Cave in Missouri: stannate/Flickr