Reuse Threadless' recycled totes
The popular T-shirt site now offers 100 percent recycled cotton canvas totes that are sturdy enough to carry a laptop or a farmers market melon.
Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 03:16 PM
Photo courtesy of Threadless
Do you always have your reusable bag because reusing is a lot greener than recycling? With Threadless’ new tote bags
, you can reduce waste and reuse a tote — while closing the recycling loop. These sturdy, multifunctional bags are made with 100 percent recycled cotton!
About 40 percent of that cotton is post-consumer, while the other 60 percent is recycled pre-consumer waste. The totes don’t seem any less sturdy for the greener materials; the thick canvas will hold heavy melons or pre-med textbooks with ease. Each tote is 16 inches tall and 10 inches wide, and expands to be about 5.5 inches deep. With a snap-closure inside pocket for cash and valuables, the tote is perfect to carry to the farmers market — and then carry back with the help of the adjustable shoulder strap, to give your hands a break.
Just like the Threadless T-shirts designs, the bag designs also come from the Threadless community. I opted for the Swan Song
design for its simple note — but cyclists who BYO-bag may like the Infinity MPG
option! Each bag costs $25 at Threadless.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.