Still have more corks lying around? (How much did you drink?!) Here are a few additional ideas for how to get more use out of them:
• Protective pads for furniture -- Slice the cork into small discs (like in project #1) and use in place of felt pads under furniture, plant pots, glass table tops or picture frames, to keep from scratching the surface above, below or behind.
• Keychain for boat keys -- Insert an eyelet screw into the end of a cork and loop a key chain ring on it. Use as a keychain for boat keys so that if the keys fall overboard they will float.
• A pin cushion -- Keep all your pins in one place by sticking 'em in a cork!
• An emergency earring back -- if you lose your earring back, you can tear off a small piece of cork and use in place of the metal earring one. Not recommended for permanent use, but works well in a pinch.
• Stamps -- Carefully using a sharp knife, you can carve a design onto one of the ends and use it as a personalized stamp.
Sign in with one of these accounts to add your comment.