30 green activities to do in CT
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 08:51
Here are 30 activities you can do in Connecticut this spring that are fun and green!
1. Visit Bethlehem's green flea market
3. Have a picnic in your backyard.
4. The Housatonic Anglers provide many opportunities to spend time on the water.
5. Visit the Maritime Aquarium.
8. Visit a local recycling plant.
9. Go to your local library.
10. Visit the Mashantucket Pequot Museum & Research Center.
11. Plant a garden.
12. Take a walk in your neighborhood.
13. Visit White Flower Farm.
14. Instead of driving, ride tour bikes as a family.
15. Check out Bat Chat: Getting to Know our Most Misunderstood Allies at The Institute for American Indian Studies.
16. Visit Yale Peabody Museum's exhibit on sustainability.
17. Go horseback riding.
18. Stay at Green Rocks Inn, an eco-friendly bed & breakfast.
19. Visit the Glacier Society.
20. Visit Stamford Museum and the nature center.
21. Visit the Connecticut Audubon Birdcraft Museum.
22. Visit the Bruce Museum's Treasures of Nature exhibit.
23. Visit Northwest Park and Nature Center.
24. Visit the Copernican Observatory and Planetarium.
25. Visit Salmon River State Forest.
26. Visit Talcott Mountain State Park.
27. Take on ride on Riverquest.
28. Go hiking.
29. Go to Ocean Beach.
30. Have a relaxing day at home with your family.
You might also like: