The Nature Conservancy to study potential effects of Gulf of Mexico sea-level rise
ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FLA. — Oct. 4, 2010— The potential impact of sea-level rise at five key estuaries in the Gulf of Mexico will be the focus of a two-year study led by The Nature Conservancy in Florida and paid for through a cooperative agreement with the EPA.
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Guess which cars are magnets for speeding tickets? (Hint: It's not the Ferraris)
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 50 whales may be a new (and very endangered) species
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 11 startling stats about Earth's disappearing wildlife
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 22 things you didn't know about hedgehogs
- Going off the grid: Why more people are choosing to live life unplugged