Is there anybody who doesn't love lobster in the summer? Anyone? Bueller...? If you're looking for something truly exotic, try this interesting lobster pasta dish which my Brazilian colleague/cooking blogger
A little backyard seafood festival has 4th of July written all over it. While we're celebrating America's birthday, why not also celebrate one of the most under-recognized benefits of globalization to America, which is our infusion of great, local foods and recipes from around the world!
Papardelle with lobster and saffron sauce
Prep time: 45 minutes
Yield: About 4 servings
2 lobsters (without the tail, remove the peel)
2 cups chicken stock
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 tablespoon flour
1 clove garlic
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
A little bit of fresh dill
Pappardelle 250g (or other body of preference)
1. In a saucepan, mix the chicken broth with the pistils of saffron and cream. Reserve a little of this mixture at room temperature and mix with the flour.
2. Reduce the sauce to make it the color of the saffron.
3. Place chopped dill and mix with flour to thicken.
4. In a skillet, grill the lobster in butter with chopped garlic and onion.
5. Add the sauce and serve with cooked, al dente pappardelle.
Photo: Maria Cecilia Mariz