A closer look: Comfortable vs. conscious
- Most items are recyclable, from cardboard boxes to plastic wrapping. Unless the local government prohibits particular items, they should be placed in a recycling receptacle.
- Pay close attention to city/town recycling codes. These guidelines can be easily accessed from local governments' websites.
- Self-auditing automatically helps to minimize waste, reuse more items and foster efficiency.
- Spreading the word to colleagues, friends and other acquaintances about being eco-conscious promotes civic pride and esteem.
- Reading about recycling and green living will allow oneself to inherit a great deal of knowledge and education about environmental issues and solutions.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.