Greener and safer lifestyles
Wednesday, July 8, 2009 - 12:54
A typical home is supposed to be full of a happy and healthy family, but many typical homes are unaware of the dangerous toxic substances lurking throughout the house. Unfortunately, many people fail to realize that these heath hazards can be eliminated by either changing or removing common household products. These dangerous chemicals range from formaldehyde to methylisothiazolinone. Many of these damaging chemical agents are present in common household products such as carpet, paint, soaps and many cleaning detergents. Formaldehyde gas, present inside carpeting, home furnishings and strong household cleaners, can cause memory loss and severe allergic reactions. Methylisothiazolinone, present inside some hand soaps, can cause nerve cell death and immune system damage. Both chemicals inflict poor indoor air quality, which is a source of breathing disorders.
Fortunately, there is a bright and gleaming green light at the end of the dark tunnel. By choosing low-volatile organic compounds household paint and organic hand soaps, dangerous chemicals can be eliminated from the home, leaving residents with excellent indoor air quality and healthy bodies.
You might also like: