Celebrate this summer with delicious home grown foods and homemade products!
Four farmers markets in state parks have opened since May 1, and they will run on a weekly basis. Plants, cut flowers, early vegetable crops, honey and maple syrup are some of the items that will be offered in the first few weeks. As the summer time rolls around and summer crops become available, more farmers will participate.
Fresh baked goods from local bakeries, all natural and organic dog treats and scrumptious homemade body products will also be for sale at the markets!
Check out the farmers markets that have already opened!
• Goddard Memorial State Park Farmers Market: Warwick, Open Friday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Colt State Park Farmers Market: Bristol:Open Friday 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• Fishermen's Memorial State Park Farmers Market: Narragansett, Open Sunday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Memorial State Park Farmers Market: Route 103, East Providence/Barrington line, Open Wednesdays 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• Farm Fresh Farmers Market at Hope Artiste Village*:1005 Main St., Pawtucket, Open Saturday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
* Plants, vegetable starts, potted herbs, flowers, spring vegetables, local meat, cheese, eggs, bread and artisan foods are featured at this market
What better way to support your local farmer than to enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables all summer long!