Construction to begin on new education center
Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 01:43 PM
By The Nature Conservancy
The Nature Conservancy announced today that they have begun construction of a new education center at their Goosewing Beach Preserve in Little Compton. The center will replace an old equipment shed that has stood on the property for many years. The shed has already been demolished and construction on the new center will begin in March. The project should be completed in June with a grand opening ceremony planned for this summer.
"Thanks to a generous Conservancy donor, we are happy to begin work on this project," explained Cheryl Wiitala, Preserves Mananger for the Conservancy. "There will be a lot of construction activity at Goosewing Beach in the next couple of months and we're looking forward to our grand opening ceremony and a terrific summer season this year."
For more information on the project call Cheryl Wiitala at 401-331-7110, ext. 25.
MNN is working with The Nature Conservancy to bring you state-by-state environmental information.
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Nature-loving pets help veteran overcome PTSD
- Guide to pairing wine with Halloween candy
- 11 things dog owners should never say
- 'In Search of Lost Frogs': Photographer rescues frogs from oblivion
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Booboo and friends live the guinea pig high life
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Food fraud: 10 counterfeit products we commonly consume
- How to prevent your child being bitten by the family dog