Construction to begin on new education center
Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 01:43 PM
By The Nature Conservancy
The Nature Conservancy announced today that they have begun construction of a new education center at their Goosewing Beach Preserve in Little Compton. The center will replace an old equipment shed that has stood on the property for many years. The shed has already been demolished and construction on the new center will begin in March. The project should be completed in June with a grand opening ceremony planned for this summer.
"Thanks to a generous Conservancy donor, we are happy to begin work on this project," explained Cheryl Wiitala, Preserves Mananger for the Conservancy. "There will be a lot of construction activity at Goosewing Beach in the next couple of months and we're looking forward to our grand opening ceremony and a terrific summer season this year."
For more information on the project call Cheryl Wiitala at 401-331-7110, ext. 25.
MNN is working with The Nature Conservancy to bring you state-by-state environmental information.
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 'Everlasting storm' has 1 million lightning strikes a year
- 41 of our favorite life hacks
- Meet Ginny, the happiest dog on the Internet
- 22 things you didn't know about hedgehogs
- Europe is going car-free (and loving it)
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 9 of the most interesting inventions of 2014