Construction to begin on new education center
Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 01:43 PM
By The Nature Conservancy
The Nature Conservancy announced today that they have begun construction of a new education center at their Goosewing Beach Preserve in Little Compton. The center will replace an old equipment shed that has stood on the property for many years. The shed has already been demolished and construction on the new center will begin in March. The project should be completed in June with a grand opening ceremony planned for this summer.
"Thanks to a generous Conservancy donor, we are happy to begin work on this project," explained Cheryl Wiitala, Preserves Mananger for the Conservancy. "There will be a lot of construction activity at Goosewing Beach in the next couple of months and we're looking forward to our grand opening ceremony and a terrific summer season this year."
For more information on the project call Cheryl Wiitala at 401-331-7110, ext. 25.
MNN is working with The Nature Conservancy to bring you state-by-state environmental information.
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Your zombie-proof log cabin has arrived
- 7 things your mouth can reveal about your health
- What your feet say about your health
- Night skiing is even cooler if you're covered in LEDs
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- 10 natural cough remedies
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live