Construction to begin on new education center
Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 01:43 PM
By The Nature Conservancy
The Nature Conservancy announced today that they have begun construction of a new education center at their Goosewing Beach Preserve in Little Compton. The center will replace an old equipment shed that has stood on the property for many years. The shed has already been demolished and construction on the new center will begin in March. The project should be completed in June with a grand opening ceremony planned for this summer.
"Thanks to a generous Conservancy donor, we are happy to begin work on this project," explained Cheryl Wiitala, Preserves Mananger for the Conservancy. "There will be a lot of construction activity at Goosewing Beach in the next couple of months and we're looking forward to our grand opening ceremony and a terrific summer season this year."
For more information on the project call Cheryl Wiitala at 401-331-7110, ext. 25.
MNN is working with The Nature Conservancy to bring you state-by-state environmental information.
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What your blood type says about you
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Orcas caught in stunning drone video
- Your birth season may explain your mood
- Puppy-sized spider surprises and scares scientist
- Hubble snaps amazing of Mars with Siding Spring
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- 13 fangtastic facts about Dracula
- How to keep scratch-happy cats off furniture
- 10 natural cough remedies