Construction to begin on new education center
Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 01:43 PM
By The Nature Conservancy
The Nature Conservancy announced today that they have begun construction of a new education center at their Goosewing Beach Preserve in Little Compton. The center will replace an old equipment shed that has stood on the property for many years. The shed has already been demolished and construction on the new center will begin in March. The project should be completed in June with a grand opening ceremony planned for this summer.
"Thanks to a generous Conservancy donor, we are happy to begin work on this project," explained Cheryl Wiitala, Preserves Mananger for the Conservancy. "There will be a lot of construction activity at Goosewing Beach in the next couple of months and we're looking forward to our grand opening ceremony and a terrific summer season this year."
For more information on the project call Cheryl Wiitala at 401-331-7110, ext. 25.
MNN is working with The Nature Conservancy to bring you state-by-state environmental information.
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 2014 Lyrid meteor shower to peak on Earth Day
- 15 things humans do wrong at dog parks
- Use baking soda for easy-to-peel hard-boiled eggs
- Why that FarmVille rabbit looks like Natalie Portman
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Prosthetics aren't just for people: 'My Bionic Pet' highlights disabled animals that got a second ch
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Dogs try to take back their beds from cats
- 10 natural cough remedies
- The 7 happiest babies on YouTube