Baniff Mountain film festival raises $4,500
Wed, May 06, 2009 at 12:34 PM
By The Nature Conservancy
Half-Moon Outfitters hosted the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour stops on March 25-27 in Columbia, S.C., and Greenville, S.C. All three shows had record numbers of attendees totaling over 1,500 participants. All proceeds from these events go to The Nature Conservancy of South Carolina. This year, $4,500 was raised, the highest amount netted from the annual event to date.
The 2009 Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour brings films from the 33rd annual Banff Mountain Film Festival to about 285 communities around the world. From exploration of remote landscapes and mountain cultures to adrenaline-fueled action sports, films from this year's world tour were captivating and inspirational to all the attendees.
Half-Moon Outfitters is pleased to host such an event that focuses on the appreciation of mountain culture and is able to give the proceeds to an organization that enables the protection of such environments.
MNN is working with The Nature Conservancy to bring you state-by-state environmental information.
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 'Where did I put my keys?': 5 strange facts about memory
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Are there more grains of sand on Earth or stars in the sky? Scientists finally have an answer
- 26 photos of cats sleeping wherever they want, however they want
- 12 inspiring examples of macro flower photography
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 10 health benefits of honey
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?