Edison International, parent company of Southern California Edison, has announced an additional $1 million in funding for the Green Jobs Education Initiative. The additional money brings the company’s funding for the program to $2 million in just the last 12 months. With the defeat of California Prop 23, California’s green economy is in a great growth position. With the growing green economy comes the need for trained workers and this is where the Green Jobs Education Initiative comes into play.
The $2 million in total funding is being disbursed in $200,000 awards to 10 California colleges:
- Cerro Coso Community College, Ridgecrest
- El Camino College, Torrance
- Golden West College, Huntington Beach
- Long Beach City College, Long Beach
- Los Angeles Southwest College, Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Trade-Technical College, Los Angeles
- Rio Hondo College, Whittier
- San Bernardino Valley College, San Bernardino
- Ventura College, Ventura
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.