It’s that time again, time for me to get a little green with envy when I think about the exciting brainstorming that will be taking place at the annual Good Jobs, Green Jobs Conference. The 2011 event will be held from Feb. 8–10, 2011 in Washington, D.C.
The schedule of speakers for this year’s event includes several members of the Obama administration as well as legislators, authors and more. EPA Administrator Lisa P. Jackson and National Economic Council Director Gene Sperling will be participating in the opening keynote address. Wednesday morning’s plenary session will feature Transportation Secretary Roy LaHood. After the morning keynote addresses, attendees will choose from a bevy of workshop choices in several areas:
- Business, investment and new markets
- Clean energy manufacturing
- Emerging green sectors
- Green infrastructure and transportation
- Renewable energy and energy efficiency
- State and local initiatives and partnerships
- Workforce, economic development and youth education
Registration is only $175 for this event. If you’re interested in going or just learning more, visit the official 2011 Good Jobs, Green Jobs Conference site.