Now in its 14th year, the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Committee on the Environment (COTE) has announced its Top Ten Green Projects for 2010. From office buildings to schools and from the United States to Saudi Arabia, a variety of buildings have made this year’s list.
- 355 11th Street – Matarozzi/Pelsinger Building, San Francisco Aidlin Darling Design
- City of Watsonville Water Resources Center, Watsonville, Calif. WRNS Studio
- KAUST, Thuwal, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia HOK
- Kroon Hall - Yale University, New Haven, Conn. Hopkins Architects and Centerbrook Architects & Planners
- Manassas Park Elementary School + Pre-K, Manassas Park, Va. VMDO Architects, P.C.
- Manitoba Hydro Place, Winnipeg, Manitoba Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects and Smith Carter Architects and Engineers
- Michael J. Homer Science & Student Life Center, Atherton, Calif. Leddy Maytum Stacy Architects
- Omega Center for Sustainable Living, Rhinebeck, N.Y. BNIM Architects
- Special No. 9 House, New Orleans, La. Kieran Timberlake
- Twelve|West, Portland, Ore. Zimmer Gunsul Frasca Architects LLP
For more information on this year’s winners, visit the AIA website.