DOE awards $11 million to geothermal projects
- GeoTek Energy, LLC in Midland, Texas will receive up to $2.85 million for the Gravity Head Energy System project.
- Gtherm, Inc in Westport, Connecticut will receive up to $200,00 for the Single Well Engineered Geothermal Systems project.
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in Berkeley, California will receive up to $4.99 million for a project that will develop “new ways to produce electricity from superheated and pressurized carbon dioxide in deep geothermal formations.” Source: DOE
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, California will receive up to $874,000 for a project that will examine integrating geothermal energy production with carbon capture and storage.
- Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge will receive up to $997,000 for the Zero Mass Withdrawal, Engineered Convection and Wellbore Energy Conversion project.
- Physical Optics Corporation in Torrance, California will receive up to $200,000 for the Heat Extraction from Geothermal Systems project.
- Terralog Technologies USA, Inc. in Monrovia, California will receive up to $541,000 for a project that will develop new designs for both vertical and horizontal wells.
- The University of Utah in Salt Lake City will receive up to $671,000 for the Novel Developmental of Geothermal Systems project.