If you’re interested in participating in Greenbuild 2009
but can't make it to Phoenix for the convention, you’re in luck. The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) will be streaming several sessions online at GreenbuildExpo.org
. In addition to providing online access to several educational sessions, the opening keynote celebration featuring former Vice President Al Gore and a concert by Sheryl Crow will also be streamed live.
The following discussions will be available live online at GreenbuildExpo.org.
Wednesday, November 11
- Master Speaker Daniel Wildcat – 8:30 – 10:00 am
- Executive Roundtable – 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Master Speaker Sylvia Earle – 2:00 – 3:30 pm
- Master Speaker Peter Gleick – 4:00 – 5:30 pm
- Opening Keynote Celebration – 7:00 – 11:00 pm
Thursday, November 12
- Residential Summit General Session I – 8:00 – 9:30 am
- Master Speaker Arthur Rubinfeld – 8:30 – 10:00 am
- Master Speaker Paul King – 2:00 – 3:30 pm
- Master Speaker Josh Bernstein – 4:00 – 5:30 pm
Friday, November 13
- Master Speaker Ulf Meyer – 8:30 – 10:00 am
- Residential Summit General Session II – 8:30 – 10:00 am
- Closing Plenary with Carol Browner – 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
In addition to the live streaming video, several sessions will be recorded and available online within 72 hours. These events include the School Board Roundtable (11/11/09), USGBC Board of Directors meeting (11/12/09), and the Building Performance Initiative Summit (11/13/09).
I was at the Phoenix Convention Center this morning picking up my conference pass as well as my bracelet, which will grant me entrance into the opening celebration tomorrow night. The convention center was relatively quiet with conference-goers in session.
However, I imagine that it will be much busier tomorrow when the main conference begins. With approximately 900,000 square feet of meeting space the conference and expo hall will be bustling with close to 30,000 green building professionals. Stay tuned to MNN for more live coverage of Greenbuild 2009
Photo: Melissa Hincha-Ownby