Just over a month ago, I attended Greenbuild 2009. It was a flurry of activity; press conferences, educational workshops, two massive expo halls, and of course the opening keynote address where I was able to swoon over Al Gore. Yesterday, the U.S. Green Building Council released the final statistics for Greenbuild 2009, which was held here in sunny Phoenix, Arizona.
- More than 27,000 attendees
- Attendees represented more than 78 different countries
- The opening keynote celebration had more than 11,000 attendees
- More than 1,000 exhibitors hosted 1,800 booths in the two expo halls
- The first-ever Greenbuild green jobs fair featured 25 green building companies
For more information, read my coverage of Greenbuild 2009:
- Greenbuild 2009: Al Gore’s keynote address
- Precautionary List helps guide green building pros
- SFI: Greenwashing at Greenbuild?
- Hycrete’s innovative waterphobic concrete admixtures
- USGBC releases green jobs study results
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.