Just over a month ago, I attended Greenbuild 2009. It was a flurry of activity; press conferences, educational workshops, two massive expo halls, and of course the opening keynote address where I was able to swoon over Al Gore. Yesterday, the U.S. Green Building Council released the final statistics for Greenbuild 2009, which was held here in sunny Phoenix, Arizona.
- More than 27,000 attendees
- Attendees represented more than 78 different countries
- The opening keynote celebration had more than 11,000 attendees
- More than 1,000 exhibitors hosted 1,800 booths in the two expo halls
- The first-ever Greenbuild green jobs fair featured 25 green building companies
For more information, read my coverage of Greenbuild 2009:
- Greenbuild 2009: Al Gore’s keynote address
- Precautionary List helps guide green building pros
- SFI: Greenwashing at Greenbuild?
- Hycrete’s innovative waterphobic concrete admixtures
- USGBC releases green jobs study results