The U.S. Green Building Council, home of the LEED Green Building Rating Systems, released its choices as the top ten green building bills in our nation. It should come as no surprise that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) received top honors from the USGBC.
In addition to the ARRA, nine other bills pending in the House as well as ten green building bills in the Senate received recognition from the USGBC.
Pending green building legislation in the House:
- The American Clean Energy and Security Act – Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) and Ed Markey (D-Mass.)
- The 21st Century Green High-Performing Public School Facilities Act – Ben Chandler (D-Ky.)
- The Expanding Building Efficiency Act – Dave Reichert (R-Wash.)
- The Property Assessed Clean Energy Tax Benefits Act — John Sarbanes (D-Md.)
- An Act to Enhance Private Financing for Clean Energy Technology Deployment – Steve Israel (D-N.Y.)
- The Energy Efficiency Modernization Act of 2009 – Mary Jo Kilroy (D-Ohio)
- The Water Accountability Tax Efficiency Reinvestment (WATER) Act – Michael Coffman (R-Colo.)
- The Livable Communities Act of 2010 – Ed Perlmutter (D-Colo.) **pending introduction**
- The Federal Personnel Training Act of 2010 – Russ Carnahan (D-Mo.) **pending introduction**
- The Clean Energy and American Jobs Act – John Kerry (D-Mass.) and Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.)
- The American Clean Energy and Leadership Act – Jeff Bingaman (D-N.M.) and Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska)
- Energy Efficiency in Housing Act (EEHA) of 2009 – Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.)
- The Livable Communities Act of 2009 – Christopher Dodd (D-Conn.)
- The Expanding Building Efficiency Incentives Act of 2009 – Olympia Snowe (R-Maine)
- The School Building Fairness Act – Tom Harkin (D-Iowa)
- Clean Energy for Homes and Buildings Act of 2009 – Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) and Richard Lugar (R-Ind.)
- The Energy Efficiency Modernization Act of 2009 – Michael Bennet (D-Colo.)
- The Water Accountability Tax Efficiency Reinvestment (WATER) Act of 2009 — Mark Udall (D-Colo.)
- The Federal Agency Energy Efficiency Improvement Act of 2009 – Susan Collins (R-Maine)
Now we just need to get some of these bills passed and signed into law!