Green buildings take green products and the Sustainable Industries Top 10 Green Building Products 2010 guide can help companies decide which products should go in their eco-friendly building. The top 10 products were chosen from more than 100 entries and were evaluated on several different criteria including environmental performance, design aesthetic, and compatibility with the USGBC’s LEED rating system.
This year’s list marks the fifth time that Sustainable Industries has created a top 10 green building supplies guide and it features a variety of product types. From water systems to energy management systems and flooring to pavement, the list includes an assortment of products that will help building owners in their pursuit of a LEED certified facility.
Top 10 Green Building Products 2010
- AQUS Greywater System – Sioan Valve Co.
- Acrovyn 4000 – Construction Specialties Inc.
- Control4 Energy Management System – Control4 Energy
- Energy Efficiency Education Dashboard – QA Graphics
- Energy Recovery Ventilator – Building Performance Equipment
- Second Glass – Second Glass
- Strand Poplar Flooring – Eco Timber
- Ultimate Pervious Pavement – Evolution Paving Resources
- Warmboard – Warmboard Inc.
- Solatube Daylighting Systems – Solatube International
I also think that the Strand Poplar Flooring product by EcoTimber is great. The company uses waste from China-based furniture and paper factories and then cold presses them into a rock that is made into flooring. The product is ultra durable and comes with a 25-year commercial warranty against construction defects. If the product is installed in a residential setting, this protection is extended to a lifetime warranty.
To read more about the other eight products that made this year’s Top 10 Green Building Products list, visit the Sustainable Industries website.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.