On Thursday, December 3, 2009, the White House Jobs and Economic Growth Forum organized business owners, community leaders, and others together in one location with one purpose: brainstorm ideas to get this nation out of the horrible unemployment slump it currently faces.
During the forum, several key topics were covered, including a discussion on the increasingly important topic of green jobs. Green jobs have received much attention from the Obama administration as they provide the country with an opportunity to address both the economic and environmental crises we currently face.
In addition to the green jobs discussion (video embedded in this article), other topics covered during the daylong White House Jobs and Economic Growth Forum include:
- Paving the Road for Small Business Job Growth
- Creating Jobs through the Rebuilding of America’s Infrastructure
- Expanding Job Opportunities for American Workers Through Exports
- Encouraging Business Competitiveness and Job creation
- Preparing Workers and Strengthening Main Street
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.