Chinese President Hu Jintao was in the United States this week and the topic of green jobs and clean energy came up repeatedly, even in the joint press conference with President Obama. If you missed this week’s news, catch up by reading the se posts about green jobs and China.
- The Evergreen Solar facility in Devens, Massachusetts is closing its doors and sending production to China, leaving 800 area residents without a job.
- Read a more in-depth post on the closing of Evergreen Solar’s facility and the current state of the solar industry in the U.S.
- Watch the video from the joint press conference with President Obama and President Hu in which clean energy comes up repeatedly.
- Learn more about the new US-China Clean Energy Cooperation, which will bring green jobs to both countries.
- Read this opinion piece on the feed-in tariffs and heavy subsidies of the renewable energy industry in the U.S. and China.
- David Biello examines the challenges of scaling up the green energy industry. The good news is scaling up will bring more green jobs to both the U.S. and China.
- David Foster feels that there is no better time than now to call for a national commitment to win the clean energy race with China.