Business guru blogs about the latest in green biz.
5 tax apps for the iPhone
Help prepare for tax season with one of these apps for your iPod, iPhone or iPad.
Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:57 AM
Now that the IRS has announced it will begin accepting delayed returns on Feb. 14, it's officially tax season — and you need to start getting your tax paperwork in order. To help get you started, here are five tax apps for your iPhone.
– Check the status of your tax refund and receive tax tips in the official app from the IRS. There is also an IRS2Go app available for Android phones. (Price: Free)
2. Tax Central
– H&R Block’s official tax app was available last year, but it was just updated this month with new data. Find answers to your tax questions, estimate your tax liability and even check your knowledge with a tax quiz. (Price: Free)
. TaxCaster Mobile
– Created by Intuit, home of the TurboTax software program, TaxCaster allows you to quickly determine how large your refund may be (or how much you’ll owe) and then recommends the best TurboTax product for your situation. (Price: Free)
4. TAX Organizer
– The description for this app, “audit protection at your finger tips,” is enticing for those who fear an audit. You can easily track your expenses in one place, and a nice addition is the ability to photograph a receipt. Instead of saving BPA-tainted receipts
for seven years, store the data on your iPhone. (Price: Free 30-day trial)
5. Dictionary of Tax Terms
– If you’ve wondered what your account is talking about when he discusses your taxes with you, then the Dictionary of Tax Terms is the app for you. The program includes definitions for more than 600 tax terms. (Price: $1.99)
Do you have a favorite tax app for your iPhone?
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.