Green banking news roundup
- If you’re new to eco-conscious banking, check out Bankrate.com’s 5 green banking tips to save the planet.
- Green banking isn’t a growing trend only in the United States; countries around the world are getting in on the action as well. Check out the green banking expansion planned by the State Bank of India.
- Two Chicago-area bankers have opened a new eco-friendly bank, GreenChoice Bank, after the local bank they worked for was purchased by a large chain. I love it!
- The National Bank of Abu Dhabi installed a new solar-powered ATM machine in the UAE — way to take advantage of the desert sun.
- TD Bank is working on opening the first net-zero energy bank branch in the United States. The branch, located in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., is expected to open in May.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.