Business guru blogs about the latest in green biz.
Green banking news roundup
Green banking tips for newcomers, eco-friendly banking in India, two Chicago bankers take matters into their own hands and more.
Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:06 AM
Green banking seems to get more popular each year. Several articles have been published this week alone, so today is a good time to catch up on the latest in eco-friendly banking news.
- If you’re new to eco-conscious banking, check out Bankrate.com’s 5 green banking tips to save the planet.
- Green banking isn’t a growing trend only in the United States; countries around the world are getting in on the action as well. Check out the green banking expansion planned by the State Bank of India.
- Two Chicago-area bankers have opened a new eco-friendly bank, GreenChoice Bank, after the local bank they worked for was purchased by a large chain. I love it!
- The National Bank of Abu Dhabi installed a new solar-powered ATM machine in the UAE — way to take advantage of the desert sun.
- TD Bank is working on opening the first net-zero energy bank branch in the United States. The branch, located in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., is expected to open in May.
Are you an eco-friendly bank customer? If not get started today with one simple step — convert to electronic statements. This little step can reduce your environmental impact and serve as the impetus for more green banking choices in the future.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.