It’s tax day! Yes, today is the day that last-minute filers will be scrambling to get their taxes filed or postmarked or an extension filed. Have you filed yet? If not, some of these articles may help you get your return filed in time. If you’re a serial early filer like me, enjoy these tax related news stories knowing that you don’t have to race to meet a deadline today.
- Small businesses may be the base of the nation’s economy but they also account for billions of dollars in unpaid taxes.
- Reduce your tax liability by funding your 2010 Traditional Individual Retirement Account.
- Although approximately 45 percent of Americans don’t pay income tax, there is more behind the number than you think.
- If you’re in the mood for some light-hearted tax news, check out CNNMoney’s list of the 10 wackiest things taxpayers have tried to deduct.
- Since you have taxes on the mind, find out where your tax dollars go with a new tool from The White House.
- The IRS is taking advantage of new media opportunities to help you with your taxes; the tax agency’s latest video offers taxpayers last-minute tax tips.
- Don’t make one of these common tax mistakes in your rush to get your return filed in time.
- If taxes stress you out, take advantage of one of the many freebies offered today.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.