Pantech is going green with its new phone, the Renue. The Pantech Renue is made from 67 percent recyclable materials and will be available from AT&T beginning October 7. The Renue features a whole host of eco-friendly features, which led to a three-star eco rating from AT&T as well as UL Environment ISR 110 certification for responsible electronic device manufacturing.
In addition to the high recyclable content, the phone is also RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Compliant because it meets restrictions on the use of hazardous materials, which in turn minimizes both human and environmental exposure to toxins.
Other green features include:
- PVC and phthalate free
- More efficient Energy Star 2.0 Level V rated charger with a recyclable casing
- Power saving app that maximizes battery life
- Eco-calendar reminder and alarms
- Sustainable packaging made from 95 percent recycled paper, soy ink and a water-soluble coating
- Eco-lock screen with timesaving shortcuts to commonly used apps like messaging and voicemail
The 4.5-ounce Pantech Renue comes with a 3 megapixel camera with video recorder, a 3.2-inch touch screen and a slide out full QWERTY keyboard, making it perfect for the eco-conscious teen that loves to text.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.