Business guru blogs about the latest in green biz.
Sustainability shines at the 2013 GreenBiz Forum
Connect with top sustainability executives at the 2013 GreenBiz Forum in San Francisco or New York.
Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 04:04 PM
The 2013 GreenBiz Forum is one of the best places for sustainability professionals
to meet with their peers and discuss green business trends for the coming year. This year’s multi-city event kicks off on February 19 – 21 in New York City. Left-coasters don’t have to take a cross-country trip because the New York City event is followed-up with the GreenBiz Forum San Francisco conference from February 26 -28.
“Framed by the 2013 State of Green Business report, the 2013 GreenBiz Forums bring together thought leaders and sustainability executives to define the trends, challenges and opportunities in sustainable business today.”
Speakers scheduled to appear include:
- Yvon Chouinard - Patagonia founder
- Dominique Conseil - Aveda president
- Katie Excoffier - Genentech sustainability manager
- Brittni Furrow - Walmart senior manager, sustainability
- Josh Henretig - Microsoft director, environmental sustainability
- Kim Marotta - MillerCoors director, sustainability
- Richard Mattison - Trucost CEO
Topics on the schedule include:
- The new metrics of sustainability
- Brands, sustainability and social media
- The changing role of the chief sustainability officer
- How to sell sustainability internally
- New tools for smarter supply chains
In addition to the main conference program, there are several half-day GreenBiz pre-conference tutorials: storytelling, life cycle assessment, engaging employees and understanding the Global Reporting Initiative
The New York City event will be held at the Crowne Plaza Times Square hotel and the San Francisco conference is at the University of California San Francisco Mission Bay campus.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.