I became a climate justice activist when I discovered that resource scarcity leads to armed conflict (Darfur, for example), in which innocent people (children) are hurt. These conflicts can be stopped before they start, but only if we act now. I grew up in the wilderness of Utah and was instilled with a spiritual appreciation for nature for its own sake. I am a Co-Director of Peaceful Uprising, a nonprofit which empowers individuals to take direct action to defend a livable future; I'm a PoliSci student at the University of Utah; I host a progressive drive time FM talk show called RadioActive on KRCL 90.9 fm, and I love to walk around with my dog in the stunning Utah canyon country. I also play guitar. My weaknesses include buttery popcorn, smartphones, speed metal, cartoons and dancing to hippy jam bands. In my spare time I ... am still a climate justice activist. Or asleep.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 8 special dogs saved by social media
- Are you emotionally intelligent?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to see the shortest total lunar eclipse of the century
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 13 photos of dogs that got invited to the wedding
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?