I became a climate justice activist when I discovered that resource scarcity leads to armed conflict (Darfur, for example), in which innocent people (children) are hurt. These conflicts can be stopped before they start, but only if we act now. I grew up in the wilderness of Utah and was instilled with a spiritual appreciation for nature for its own sake. I am a Co-Director of Peaceful Uprising, a nonprofit which empowers individuals to take direct action to defend a livable future; I'm a PoliSci student at the University of Utah; I host a progressive drive time FM talk show called RadioActive on KRCL 90.9 fm, and I love to walk around with my dog in the stunning Utah canyon country. I also play guitar. My weaknesses include buttery popcorn, smartphones, speed metal, cartoons and dancing to hippy jam bands. In my spare time I ... am still a climate justice activist. Or asleep.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- Octopus snatches camera, snaps photos of photographer
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- Photographer captures enchanting landscapes inspired by the Brothers Grimm
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Newfound spiders have names to match their flash
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Judge says banned service dog can go back to school
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux